Safety, Security, Family & Community
Ensuring safe children in stable families in strong communities with supports (public and private services) that are responsive to the needs of children, youth and their families.
Kids Win Missouri’s 2020 priorities in this issue area include:
- Ensure children and their families can, without undue burden, access public programs that help provide sustenance and nourishment and health insurance coverage.
- Update guardian ad litem standards and support measures to improve accountability.
- Monitor Raise the Age implementation and support children’s right to legal counsel.
- Support policies that improve system response and services to child victims of sex trafficking.
- Support efforts to maximize the federal School Breakfast Program (SBP) and ensure all students start their day with a healthy, nutritious breakfast.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure compliance with the Family First Prevention Services Act.